Pineapple Fried Rice
Yield 4-6 Servings
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1 pineapple
- 8-12 slices pepper bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2-inch piece grated fresh ginger (or 2 Tbsp ginger puree)
- 5 cloves chopped garlic (or 2 Tbsp garlic puree)
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup Nate’s 100% Pure Honey
- 3-4 limes, freshly squeezed and zested
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
With a sharp, serrated knife, cut pineapple in half by starting at the bottom of the fruit and slicing through the center, and through the top leaves. With a paring knife, carve out the fruit and dice. Discard the core. Set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a cutting board. Chop or crumble coarsely. Set aside.
Wipe most of bacon grease from skillet (leave a small amount for flavoring), return to stove, turn heat to high. Add pepper, ginger, garlic and mushrooms. Stir fry until peppers are crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add rice, diced pineapple, honey and lime juice and zest. Stir to mix.
Remove from heat, toss green onions into the skillet mixture. Salt and pepper (or drizzle with soy sauce) to taste.
Serve in pineapple halves, if desired.