Pigs in a Blanket
Yield Makes 40 Pigs in a Blanket
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup Nature Nate’s pure honey, plus more for drizzling
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ½-1 tsp garlic salt (start with ½ tsp and adjust as needed)
- 1 tsp mesquite seasoning (or substitute mesquite steak rub)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 10 ounces puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 1 14-ounce package mini smoked sausages
Preheat oven to 375° F. In a small saucepan, create a BBQ sauce by combining the ketchup, honey, vinegar, chipotle powder, garlic salt, mesquite seasoning and onion powder. Whisk to combine, and bring to a simmer over medium to low heat for five minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Cut the puff pastry sheets into two-inch squares, and brush with the BBQ sauce. Place a smoked sausage at one corner, and roll until the dough is folded completely around the sausage. Place all the rolled pigs in a blanket on a parchment-lined baking sheet, at least two inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Drizzle honey over the pigs in a blanket, and serve with remaining BBQ sauce.