Pigs in a Blanket
Yield 40 Pigs in a Blanket
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup Nate’s 100% Pure Honey, plus more for drizzling
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ½-1 tsp garlic salt (start with ½ tsp and adjust as needed)
- 1 tsp mesquite seasoning (or substitute mesquite steak rub)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 10 oz puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 14 oz package mini smoked sausages
Preheat oven to 375° F. In a small saucepan, create a BBQ sauce by combining the ketchup, ½ cup honey, vinegar, chipotle powder, garlic salt, mesquite seasoning and onion powder. Whisk to combine, and bring to a simmer over low to medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Cut the puff pastry sheets into 2-inch squares, and brush with the BBQ sauce. Place a smoked sausage at one corner, and roll until the dough is folded completely around the sausage. Place all the rolled pigs in a blanket on a parchment-lined baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Drizzle honey over the pigs in a blanket, and serve with remaining BBQ sauce.