No Recipe Needed Soup
Prep Time Varies
Total Time Varies
FOR THE BEST BASIC BROTH (per serving):
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups broth (vegetarian, chicken or beef)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
CHOOSE 1-2 PROTEINS (¼-1/2 cup per serving):
- Diced chicken, beef or pork
- Crumbled & cooked chicken, beef, bison or sausage
- Sliced Sausage
CHOOSE ANY GRAINS (1/4-1/2 cup per serving):
- Barley, cooked
- White, Brown or Whole Grain Rice, cooked
- Pasta, uncooked
- Beans, cooked (black beans, white, garbanzo, kidney or lentils)
- Diced Firm Tofu
CHOOSE ANY GREENS (½-1 cup per serving):
- Tomatoes, canned or fresh
- Carrots, diced or sliced
- Diced onions, purple, sweet, white or yellow
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Potatoes, diced or sliced
- Root veggies or winter squash, diced
- Kale, spinach, cabbage or power greens
- Corn, frozen, fresh or canned niblets
CHOOSE ANY GARNISHES (2-3 Tbsp per serving):
- Cream or sour cream, stir in 2-4 Tbsp per serving for a creamy soup
- Fresh diced herbs, cilantro, sage, green onions, chives or basil
- Tortilla or potato chips, crushed
- Breadcrumbs or croutons
- Nuts, sliced or coarsely chopped (peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts)
In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat.
Add garlic, broth, vinegar, honey and salt.
Prepare enough broth for the number of desired servings.
Once broth is prepared, add in 1-2 proteins.
And one or more of your favorite greens.
Once proteins and greens are added, cover pot simmer until meat is fully cooked and veggies are tender.
Then, 10-15 minutes before serving, toss in one or more of your favorite grains.
Just before serving, top with any of your favorite garnishes.