Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
Yield 18 Cookies
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hour
- 16 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- ⅔ cup + 2 Tbsp Nate’s 100% Pure Honey, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons), divided
- ¼ tsp + 1 pinch fine sea salt or table salt, divided
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 6 oz cream cheese (half a block), room temperature
Preheat oven to 300℉. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Cream 10 tablespoons of butter in mixer until fluffy. Add ⅔ cup honey and mix on high until whipped. Add egg, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix again on high until fully incorporated.
Add ¼ teaspoon fine salt and baking soda to the bowl, and mix again on high until fully incorporated. Add flour and mix on low until dough is smooth and uniform. The dough will be loose.
Scoop dough onto the parchment-lined cookie sheet, leaving a full 2 inches between each. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are browned. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan.
Meanwhile use a fork to stir together 6 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and cream cheese in a medium bowl. If this mixture is runny, put it in the fridge to firm up so that it can be spread on the cookies. Top each cookie with frosting.