Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Bacon
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, tips and outer leaves removed and quartered
- 2 Tbsp Nature Nate’s pure honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, minced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small bowl combine honey, vinegar, and lemon zest. Cook bacon in a heavy bottom skillet or wok over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes, then add red onion and continue to cook until onion is tender – about 5 more minutes.
Add Brussels sprouts to the bacon and onions, and cook stirring frequently to brown evenly – about 7 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Add prepared honey to the pan to glaze, stirring to coat and finish cooking through – about 2 minutes. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, and serve.