Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Bacon
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, tips and outer leaves removed and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, minced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small bowl combine honey, vinegar and lemon zest.
Cook bacon in a heavy bottom skillet or wok over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes then add red onion and continue to cook until onion is tender, about 5 more minutes.
Add Brussels sprouts to the bacon and onions and cook, stirring frequently to brown evenly, about 7 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Add prepared honey to the pan to glaze, stirring to coat and finish cooking through, 1-2 more minutes. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper and serve.