Honey Walnut Shrimp
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 5 tablespoons Sriracha mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons condensed milk
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
On a second burner, bring 1/3 cup honey to a boil in a small saucepan. Add walnuts, stir to coat with honey, cooking until the honey begins to caramelize (about 2-3 minutes).
Transfer to a parchment-lined cooling rack, separating walnuts from each other so they can dry. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons honey. Set aside.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
Place shrimp in a large bowl with the egg, stir gently to coat. Cover each shrimp in cornstarch.
Heat oil in saucepan to simmer. Fry 5-6 shrimp at a time in the hot oil. Cook until crispy and golden, about 1-2 minutes per side.
Transfer to a serving plate, lined with with a paper towel.
To serve, place shrimp and walnuts in a large bowl.
Gently toss together in honey mayonnaise mixture.
Serve immediately and enjoy.