Honey Nut Sheet Cake with Berries & Cream
Yield 1 Sheet Cake
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- ½ cup milk (could use dairy-free)
- 2 tsp white distilled or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Nate’s 100% Pure Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Nate’s 100% Pure Honey, to drizzle
- Fresh whipped cream
- Sliced Strawberries, raspberries and/or blueberries
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. This will ensure the cake gets the lift it needs!
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. A stand mixer with a paddle attachment can also be used here! Add eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and vinegar mixture, honey and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add half the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined before adding the second half. Be careful not to overmix!
Generously grease and line a 12 x 19-inch sheet cake pan with baking spray and parchment paper. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Top the cake with sliced almonds to your liking.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown on top and completely cooked through. Allow to cool completely before serving!
Drizzle with honey, add a dollop of fresh whipped cream, top with sliced strawberries, raspberries and/or blueberries, and serve!