Honey Nut Sheet Cake with Berries & Cream
Yield 1 Cake
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
For the cake
- ½ cup milk (could use dairy-free)
- 2 tsp white distilled or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Nate’s 100% Pure Honey, plus more to serve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. This will ensure the cupcakes get the lift they need!
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. A stand mixer with a paddle attachment can also be used here! Add eggs one at a time, followed by the milk & vinegar mixture, honey, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add half the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined before adding the second half. Be careful not to overmix!
- Line a cake pan with paper liner. Fill each liner about ¾ of the way full with batter (about a heaping ¼ cup).
- Top the cake with sliced almonds to your liking. We like to completely cover the tops of some and keep others more sparse!
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown on top and completely cooked through. Allow to cool completely before serving!
- To serve, drizzle with more honey. Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream and berries!
- Drizzle of extra honey
- Fresh whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries