Chopped Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Yield 1 Large Salad
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Total Time 15 Minutes
- 2 cups cilantro leaves and small stems, packed
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Nate’s Hot Honey or Nate’s Organic 100% Pure Honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ cups red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups corn kernels
- 9 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 large avocados, quartered
- 1½ cups Persian or English cucumber, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cups roasted salted pepitas
Place all ingredients for the dressing in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Place the red onion in a bowl of ice water and set aside.
Warm a skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the oil and the corn kernels. Cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes until slightly charred on one side and some of the kernels start to pop. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, chicken, avocado, cucumber and tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Using a large chef’s knife and a serving fork, slice through the salad multiple times at multiple angles, cutting all ingredients into bite-sized pieces.
Drain the red onion from the ice water and add to the salad along with the roasted corn and cilantro vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with pepitas and serve.