Nature Nate’s Honey Company Recognizes Honey Gives Hope Volunteers for Generous Support of Communities Around the World
MCKINNEY, TX – (January 4, 2018) – Nature Nate’s Honey Co., producer of 100% Pure, Raw & Unfiltered Honey, celebrates the employees and volunteers committed to the Honey Gives Hope program and extends warm thanks for a strong year of giving back to communities across the globe.
Honey Gives Hope, created to further Nature Nate’s core mission of being “more than just a honey company,” is fueled by the goodwill and love of Nature Nate’s employees, friends and family. Their support flows from their McKinney farm to communities across the world, regardless of region or need.
“I am proud of and deeply thankful for the Honey Gives Hope team and partners, such as the National Breast Cancer Foundation and The Samaritan Inn, for the hard work and heart put into our 2017 partnerships, volunteer work and donations,” said Nathan Sheets, president and chief steward of Nature Nate’s. “Honey Gives Hope is a practice we incorporate into our everyday lives, and we’re honored to be a part of the solution to help those in need.”
In 2017, Honey Gives Hope supported mothers and families in need, people facing devastating diseases, natural disasters, impoverishment or joblessness, and more. The program also identified students embarking on their educational journeys and artists pursuing their passion, donated bee hives, assembled care packages, planted gardens and donated thousands of dollars to better the world.
Nature Nate’s family of employees and beekeepers volunteered hours and resources to local, national and global efforts, including:
- Hurricane Harvey Relief – Nature Nate’s delivered three truckloads of essentials to relief agencies, donated 80,000 Honey Packets to relief workers and over 500 bottles of honey to a Houston food bank.
- Women’s Shelters – In honor of Mother’s Day, Nature Nate’s donated a total of $50,000 to ten women’s shelters across the U.S. that serve, protect and work to prevent abuse and neglect of women and children.
- The Hope Project – Nature Nate’s employees went on their very own mission trip to Nicaragua to distribute essentials, aid in orphan care and participate in construction projects.
- National Breast Cancer Foundation – For the second year, Nature Nate’s partnered with the organization and helped to assemble 100 HOPE Kits, which are designed to uplift women that are battling breast cancer. Nature Nate’s also changed the labels on their honey bottles from their signature orange to bright pink for the month of October to show support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Nationwide Hunger Relief – Nature Nate’s donated more than 5,000 bottles of honey to food banks around the nation. They also donated an additional 250 bottles and $10,000 to help feed the homeless in Bronx, New York.
“It has been a pleasure to partner with Nature Nate’s over the past couple of years,” said Janelle Hail, Founder & CEO of NBCF. “With their unwavering support, we have been able to positively impact the lives of countless women facing breast cancer. What the company stands for is truly inspiring.”
Honey Gives Hope is an extension of the dedication and love set forward by Nature Nate’s founder and chief steward, Nathan Sheets and his wife Patty, who have journeyed on over one hundred mission trips around the world with the goal of helping others. Nature Nate’s philosophy is all about growing more to give more, and the company has been able to accomplish that through this comprehensive program.
To learn more about the Honey Gives Hope program, and to see the full list of organizations Nature Nate’s supports, visit www.honeygiveshope.com. Watch and share our video here using the hashtag #HoneyGivesHope.
About Nature Nate’s
Since 1972, Nature Nate’s has been dedicated to offering honey as nature intended – 100% Pure, Raw & Unfiltered. Arriving in its most natural form, this honey is closest to its original provision from the hive. Nature Nate’s adheres to strict quality-control standards, sourcing honey from trusted beekeepers and minimally processing it to ensure the honey retains all its natural benefits. Nature Nate’s promises an undivided commitment to providing the highest quality product to you and your family’s dining table – a farmer’s market quality honey, available year-round.
Through Honey Gives Hope, Nature Nate’s supports families in tandem with an array of organizations, including National Breast Cancer Foundation, The Samaritan Inn, EmpowerOne, meeting needs around breast cancer awareness, protection of women and children, education and the arts, and homelessness.
Honey Gives Hope is made possible by hardworking honey bees across the U.S. and the good people of Nature Nate’s in McKinney, Texas, who bring the purest, raw honey to families all around the United States. Learn more about Honey Gives Hope and find out how you can help at: https://www.naturenates.com/our-story.
For more information, please visit www.naturenates.com.
Julianna Sheridan | Matter