Miso Honey Cod
Yield 2 Servings
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Total Time 1½ Hours
- ⅓ cup sake (can substitute ⅓ cup water and 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar)
- ¼ cup Nate’s 100% Pure Honey
- ¼ cup tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white mellow miso paste
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ inch knob fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lb cod (can substitute salmon, halibut or sea bass)
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil
In a small saucepan, combine the sake, honey, soy sauce, miso, sesame oil and salt, and whisk to combine. Add the garlic and ginger, and simmer until thickened – about 5 minutes. Allow to cool fully.
Marinate the fish in half of the glaze, reserving the rest for serving. Marinate for an hour or covered in the refrigerator overnight.
To prepare the fish, heat a nonstick or cast iron skillet to medium high heat, and turn the oven on to 350°F. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel, add the oil in the pan, and place the fish gently in the pan, flesh side down. Do not move the fish, and allow to sear for about 2-3 minutes. Gently flip, and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve by spooning the remaining sauce over the fish.