Jalapeño and Honey Meatballs
Yield 6-8 Servings
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Total Time 2 Hours
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 medium, or 1 large jalapeño, minced
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, salt
- 2 Tbsp Nate’s 100% Pure Honey
Rice and Veggies
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 14½ oz can garbanzo beans
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Feta cheese, crumbled or plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped onion, optional
- Additional Nate’s 100% Pure Honey for drizzling
Coat bottom of large slow cooker with oil. Combine all remaining meatball ingredients and roll mixture into 20-24 balls. Place into slow cooker. Note: The meatballs will be soft. Cook on high for 1½ hours.
Add stock and rice and cook for 15 minutes. Rice should be cooked through, if not, cook for an additional 15 minutes. Add garbanzo beans and spinach. Stir to wilt greens and heat the beans. Cover for 5 minutes.
Top with feta cheese or plain Greek yogurt. Garnish with chopped onions if desired. Drizzle with honey.