Chicken & Waffle Bites with Honey Bacon Butter
Yield 6-8 Servings
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Total Time 20 Minutes
- ½ cup salted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Nate’s 100% Pure Honey, divided
- ¼ cup bacon, finely chopped
- 22 oz package Perdue® Simply Smart® Organics Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets
- 24 mini waffles
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives for garnish, optional
Using an electric mixer, whip the butter until white and fluffy. Add the honey and the chopped bacon. Reserve.
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425°F. Place frozen chicken nuggets in a single layer on a baking sheet, and heat for 11 to 13 minutes. For a crispier finish, turn halfway through heating time. Remove from oven and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add some of the honey butter, and toss until well coated.
In the toaster oven, heat the mini waffles for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted and warm. Dollop a little of the honey butter on each warm mini waffle, then place a chicken nugget piece on top. Garnish with chopped chives and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.